PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you interact with our Services, we may collect certain Personal Information directly from you or automatically from the devices you use to access our Services. Depending on how you use our Services, we may collect the following types of information from you or about you:
- Direct identifiers, such as your name, email address, phone number, social security number, and contact information including demographic information and any other information you choose to provide to us or a marketing or data partner;
- Transaction information, such as bank account information and credit card information. We do not process or store your credit card information.;
- Employment information, such as employment and professional history, educational history, credit score, and information required to perform a standard employment background check;
- Usage information, such as information we automatically receive about the devices you use to access our website, your IP (Internet protocol) address, the type of Internet browser used to visit our website, the areas of our website you visited and actions you performed on our website, and information we collect using cookies and other tracking technologies as described in the “Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies” section below;
- User account information, such as log-in credentials for a user account you create when using our website;
- Social media information, such as your social media handle when you interact with our social media pages (like Twitter and LinkedIn); and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as when you contact us with questions or concerns, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Unaffiliated Sources. Some information is from unaffiliated sources, including in some cases information that is publicly available, provided by or purchased from marketing business partners. We may combine that with information we collect directly. We may also collect or license information about you from other companies and organizations, such as information aggregators or event or promotion co-sponsors, including to supplement information that we receive from you. By gathering additional information about you, we can correct inaccurate information, enhance the security of your transactions and help prevent fraud, and give you product recommendations and special offers that are more likely to interest you.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Depending on you use our Services, we may collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Directly from you. We may collect information from you directly through your use of our Services or other direct interactions with us, such as emails or phone calls.
- Through automated data collection technologies. We may collect your information using automated data collection technologies as described in the “Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies” section below. For example, we may collect the IP address of the device you use to access our website and other browsing information, such as page requests, browser type, operating system, and average time spent on our website.
- Mobile Device Information. We collect information about the mobile device you use to access or use the Sites, including hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications. With your consent, we may also collect information about certain native applications on your device (such as your device’s camera, photo album, and phonebook applications) to facilitate your use of certain features of the Sites.
- From third parties. We may obtain your information through third-party sources, such as our partners, consumer reporting agencies, referral sources (friends and family) and service providers. We may combine this information with the information we collect about you to help us tailor our communications and improve our Services.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you, including to respond to your comments and questions;
- Send notices and updates regarding our Services;
- Analyze how you interact with our Services;
- Maintain and improve our Services;
- Develop new products and services, and for other internal business purposes;
- Prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Services and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architectures, and networks; and
- Comply with legal obligations and legal processes and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Aggregated Information. We may aggregate Personal Information and use the aggregated information to analyze the effectiveness of our Services, to improve and add features to our Services, and for other similar purposes. In addition, from time to time, we may analyze the general behavior and characteristics of users of our Services and share aggregated information like general user statistics with prospective business partners.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Information with our service providers, including providers of hosting services, email communication software, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and analytics services. It is our policy to require these parties to only access, process, or store Personal Information in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Equity and Financing Partners: We partner with companies that help provide financing and other services to you. We may share your Personal Information with these partners in furtherance of providing our Services. When we share our Personal Information with these partners, we do not have control over how they may subsequently use it.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, transition of service to another providers, or other corporate transaction, your Personal Information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
COOKIES AND OTHER DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are strictly necessary in order for you to use the Services, load and view content, and access your account.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies help us remember you and personalize features and content for you on the Services.
- Preference cookies. These cookies allow us to capture and store your information privacy related preferences (e.g., your opt-in and opt-out), account settings, and certain login information.
To learn more about cookies and similar technologies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies. If you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You may also choose to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool.
OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
We may communicate with you by email about the Services, including other services and products in which we think you may be interested. You may access, update, correct or modify information about you at any time by logging into your online account or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you have opted in or otherwise qualify to receive these forms of communication, and no longer wish to receive such communications, you may opt out or unsubscribe by following the instructions that are included in the communication or by contacting us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may request certain information regarding our disclosure of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year, and we reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email address specified below. Note that we do not currently share Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
In addition, California residents may have the following additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- The right to know: You have the right to request to know (i) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you in the last 12 months; (ii) the specific pieces of Personal Information we have about you; (iii) the categories of sources from which that Personal Information was collected; (iv) the categories of your Personal Information that we sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; (v) the categories of third parties to whom your Personal Information was sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; and (vi) the purpose for collecting and selling your Personal Information.
- The right to deletion: You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected or maintain about you. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need to comply with our legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your Personal Information was collected. If we deny your request for deletion, we will let you know the reason why.
- The right to opt out: You have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information.
- The right to equal service. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, we will not discriminate against you in anyway. If you exercise certain rights, understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of our Services.
You may exercise your right to know twice a year free of charge. You may use an authorized agent to submit a request. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify your identity and request a signed document from your agent that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your Personal Information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
To exercise your rights, contact us at email@example.com.
We will take steps to verify your identity before processing your request. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the individual about whom we collected Personal Information. We will only use the Personal Information provided in the verification process to verify your identity or authority to make a request and to track and document request responses unless you initially provided the information for another purpose.
NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Nevada law gives residents the right to opt out of the sale of their Personal Information. We are not considered a data broker under the Nevada law and do not sell your Personal Information.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of your information in our custody and control. No data, on the Internet or otherwise, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security of your information.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third party purposes;.
We do not knowingly or intend to collect any information from children under 13 or equivalent minimum age as prescribed in the laws in relevant jurisdiction.
You can contact us or otherwise communicate your privacy concerns via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.